Friday, June 1, 2012

Cherry Choc Slice Heaven

DELENN APPROVED RECIPE




It was a good friends birthday this week. She is studying to become a teacher so not only did a few colleges and I get together and give her the most awesome prac teacher survival pack ever, I also made her a sweet treat for having to come in and work on her special day. So not only did she get her stationary fix she was also introduce to this amazing Cherry Choc Slice.

I have no idea where I got this recipe from, it could be from a number places. I think most likely the same book I used to make this Choc Lovers Cake  but, I have lent it a friend. This slice was super simple to make and tastes amazing. It is quite rich (esp because I melted 2 blocks over the top of it) but well worth it for a ladies afternoon tea or quick sugar fix.

Choc Cherry Slice

Ingredients
185g plain sweet biscuits, crumbled
1/4 cup baking cocoa
90g, butter
1 1/4 cup red glace cherries, chopped (1 cut into quarters)
395g sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
200g dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Method
1. Line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.


2. Combine biscuits, baking cocoa and butter in a medium bowl, mix well. Press evenly into base of pan and pop i the fridge until cool. 

3. Meanwhile, combine cherries, sweetened condensed milk and coconut, spread evenly over biscuit layer. Refrigerate until firm.


4. Combine chocolate and oil in bowl, melt. Pour over slice evenly. Refrigerate until set. 


I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. We will be eating it all of next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment