Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rissoles Tonight!

Well Scott's family have finally made it safely here. What a journey that was, I think Josh said it was like 58 hours. I thought my last set of delays were bad. But, they are here, almost human and excited. To celebrate we are having them over for dinner tonight and I thought I would bust out a recipe I have wanted to try for ages but is way to much of a pain to do for only 2 people. Here it is,

Rissole, Bacon and Tomato Casserole
Prep time 8 hours 15 mins
Serves 6 people
Ingredients
800g beef mince
1 sml brown onion diced
1 egg
3/4 cup of white rice
1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
6 bacon rashes
800g of diced tin tomato
3 cups beef stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil

Method
1. Combine mince, onion, egg, rice, breadcrumbs and sauce in a large bowl. Shape into 18 small rissoles (or 9 big ones). Place in a 4.5L slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle bacon over rissoles, pour over combined tomatoes, stock and paste. Cook covered on low for 8 hours.
3. Serve with potato and vegetables/salad.

1 comment:

  1. Does sound delish! Ticks all the boxes for me. ☑

    ReplyDelete