Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Shout Out to Amazing People

I just wanted to dedicate a blog post to some of the amazing pattern designers. I can take a pattern and modify it but coming up with one cold...USELESS. So this is a shout out to all the wonderful ladies and gents who design amazing patterns for the rest of us to shine.

Pattern People who Have Helped Me Shine



A shout out to Pauline who runs Funky Friends Factory (she also has an Etsy Store and blog. Thanks to your simple designs and easy to follow instructions you made it possible for me to get into sewing. Without you I would still believe a Home Ec teacher who told me to never touch a sewing machine again. If you want simple but beautiful patterns go here. She is amazing. If you are in Brisbane go to her store.

2. DOLLS AND DAYDREAMS

Thank you Sarah for your simple but uber cute designs. Your skeleton pattern went over a treat with one of my best friends. I have so many of your pieces ear marked for future projects from you foxes, deer, girls to your babushka dolls. Sarah also has a blog that shares upcoming ideas, completed work by friends and techniques. It is a great read.

3. BE BE BOLD

Thank you to Be Be Bold who gave me my first sewing project in 8 years. Thanks to your Lucky Owl Pack with all equipment and fabric required included I had the confidence to have a go. I wanted to have a go because of the beautiful rich coloured red and blues in your fabrics.  Because of your workshop at the Townsville Craft Expo I was able to be shown just how easy crafting and sewing is. Without you, I would not have been able to have so much fun hand sewing all of my toys. THANK YOU!!!


People Who Will Help Me Shine (a pattern wish list) 
I love this store, I look at it almost every week to see if anything new comes up. I particular like this bull, owl and dragon

Such beautiful patterns for clothes and all the other home wares you need for a baby. I particularly like the dress patterns and the fleece hats. 


I love the applique designs on this site. The pirate ships, owls, alpaca, thongs (flip flops), bird and hedgehog. 



I love the idea of plushie pillows! Cuteness anywhere comfy in the house. Some of my favourites are sheep, monsters and bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment