Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Roast Pumpkin Sauce on Pappardelle...mmmm

I have been craving warm creamy sauces this winter. I have been meaning to share this recipe for a good while now but just keep forgetting to post it. I made this up for Scott and I one night. I love the creamy texture but next time would add more garlic and spice to off set the pumpkin flavour. I hope you enjoy and if you make any changes let me know. 

Roast Pumpkin Sauce on Pappardelle

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients
1.4kg of butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
4 garlic cloves
3 tsp fresh thyme
100ml olive oil
500g pappardelle
2 tbsp of cream
185ml of vegetable stock (can also use chicken stock)
30g shave Parmesan Cheese

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place pumpkin, garlic, thyme and 60ml of olive oil in a large bowl and toss until pumpkin is covered. 

2. Season with salt. Transfer to baking tray and cook for 30 mins.

3. Cook pasta al dente, drain and return to pan, toss through olive oil and keep warm.
4. Place cooked pumpkin and cream in blender and process until smooth. Add warmed stock and process until smooth and combined. Season with salt and black pepper. 

5. Toss through warmed pasta, serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.   

On another note. 8 DAYS UNTIL MY WEDDING!!!! I may be getting excited, here is a hint of something else...




No comments:

Post a Comment