Friday, September 16, 2011

Spicy Chicken Marinade

I am noticing a theme in my cooking lately. I have tried a lot of new chicken combinations to play with flavour but have not done much with beef. Will have to change that. For now however, another chicken marinade that Scott convinced me to have a go making. Warning, this is spicy (for me anyway, I am sure there are hardcore spicy food eaters who will laugh at me). So if not spicy enough for you, add more chilli. If too spicy add less chilli :) I think that is everyone covered. I could not get the smell of this out of my house for a good day and a half, it was sooooo good.

Spicy Grilled Chicken

Prep Time: 10 mins (plus marinating time)
Cooking Time: 10 mins

Ingredients
4 skinless single chicken breast fillets
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 sml fresh red chillies chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tsps grounded turmeric
2 tsps cumin seeds
1/2 tsp grounded cinnamon
2 strips of lemon rind
cooking oil

Method
1. Cut 3 slashes in each fillet. Blend/process juice, wine, honey, coriander, ginger, chillies, garlic, turmeric, seeds and cinnamon until smooth. Cut rinds into thin strips, combine rind, chicken and pureed mixture in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a few hours).
2. Drain chicken, reserve marinade. Heat bbq or heavy griddle pan, coat wit cooking oil, add chicken, cook on both sides until tender brushing with marinade through out process.
3. Serve with a fresh salad and bake potato or rice and asian greens

No comments:

Post a Comment