Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lime, Lime, Lime, Chilli!

I have absolutely fallen head over heels for this chicken marinade. I love it! It is so simple to make and it is good for diabetics and those with cholesterol. Tick, tick and yummy. I got this recipe from a good friend who picked it up from a Women's Weekly Cookbook ages ago (maybe 20 years or more). The name she gave it for me was Grilled Chicken in Lime Chilli Marinade. I serve it with a nice crisp salad.

Prep Time: 10 mins, then need to marinade (I recommend over night but a few hours is also good)
Cook time: 10 mins

Ingredients:
-4 skinless chicken breast
-cooking oil spray
-2 tbsp coriander, chopped
Marinade
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1 sml fresh red chilli, chopped finely
- 2 spring onions chopped

Method:
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir, set to one side
2. Pound chicken with a mallet to an even thickness. Combine chicken and marinade and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
3. Drain chicken, heat bbq grill or pan, coat with cooking oil, add chicken and cook on both sides until brown and tender.
4. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with lime wedges.

I normally keep some of the marinade and pour over while cooking. Also, if serving for someone who is diabetic I would normally provide a carb of some sort with the salad. I actually want to try it on my kebabs next time instead of the Honey Soy I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment