Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lemon, Garlic, Chicken Lunchtime Heaven

So I slept straight through most of the day and woke up starving! Seriously I feel like I am back at uni. Who wakes up at 3pm??? It is a new record. Even Scott was impressed. Although to be fair, it was 'Food N Dance Fiesta' at work so a 14 hour day almost killed me. Pft...yeah teaching is soooooooo a 9 to 3 job. But I won't go into that rant cause this is a happy blog :) Although students start walking into my room at 8:40 because of an assigned school bell...just saying.

Back to heavenly lunch :) I was so naughty and ate all of this over today and tonight. It serves 4! Here is the Lemon Garlic Chicken on Ciabatta that I enjoyed and will be making alot of. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it. Again starving!

Lemon Garlic Chicken on Ciabatta
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients
1L (4 cups) water
400g chicken breast fillets
4 thick slices of ciabatta bread
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Method
1. Bring the water to boil in a large frying pan; add chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, cover for about 10 mins or until chicken is cooked. Cool chicken in poaching liquid 10 mins, drain, shred finely.
2. Meanwhile preheat grill to hot.
3. Brush bread both sides with combined oil and garlic. Toast both sides under grill. ( i normally do a few extra pieces because so good while warm)
4. Make lemon, chilli and parsely dressing. Put all ingredients in screw top jar and shake.
5. Combine chicken and dressing in a large bowl. Place on toast and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment