Friday, September 23, 2011

Movie Adventure: Red Dog


I can count the number of Australian Movies I like on my fingers. But, this has to be one of my favourites. I have just finished watching 'Red Dog.' A wonderfully funny and moving story set in a mining town in Western Australia during the1970's. This movie is actually based on a true story of the Red Dog who united a local community while roving the Australian outback in search of his master. He is even has a wikipedia page. I laughed so hard because this movie nails a small remote town in the 1970's and cried like a baby in other parts. Beautifully made. If it is in a cinema near you check it out. Warning, it is very Australian at times down to the footy shorts and bad hair.

Check out the trailer here :)



Remember if you do find yourself in Dampier, stop by and see 'Red Dog's' statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment