Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Salads IN WINTER!

Hello blogging world!
Well I am trying to make a habit of blogging weekly no matter what. Random update on my crafting, I am halfway through a new cross stitch and am almost finished my own fabric scrap elephant. Have been busy being back at work and can breath again which is always exciting. I hope my lungs have learned breathing is not optional!

I have started swapbotting again, which is always a tonne of fun. So far have sent out some recipe swaps and about to send out some great pink fabric, will have to post a photo before I send, it is sooooo pretty. Have used it for the face if my elephant. One of the recipes I have sent out to the world is my new favourite summer salad, which is in no way good for you. I use it when it is hot and I don't want to be near a stove top or if I have left over roast chicken, or if I am lazy or just cause. It is a good simple recipe like that :). So here it is, have a go. The ladies at work demand this from me when ever we have shared lunch, they remind me for about a week beforehand.

Roast Chicken and Pesto Cream Salad (Lisa's amended and more awesome than the original version)

Ingredients:
Salad
600g cooked Roast Chicken pieces, torn up
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 large red capsicums chopped (bell peppers?)
Punnet of cherry tomatoes, quarter
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 Cos lettuce shredded

Dressing
2/3 cups sour cream
4 tbsp bottled pesto (cause I am lazy and grasshoppers ate my basil)

Directions
1. Use a small bowl, combine pesto and sour cream until smooth using a metal spoon
2. Take chicken and salad ingredients, toss in a large bowl and chill in fridge until needed.
3. Remove from fridge 10 mins before serving, re-toss salad and stir through pesto cream. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment