Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scarves, Herbs and Flowers


Lots of happy, busy things happening this weekend. While working today I caved and brought 2 beautiful scarfs I have been eyeing off for the past 4 weeks (i know self control right) they match the Gypsy top and singlets I have had to order in. I have been looking for an excuse to buy these and managed to get the necklaces to match :).
We have also started getting our flowers into the pots, it is heading towards the end of winter here (26 Degrees Celsius with the humidity kicking in) and we need to get them in and growing before summer hits and they start to dry out. Ideally we should have done this about a month ago but time flies when you have lots of stuff to do. We are planning on starting our herb garden again, after Yasi we just have not really maintained the garden beds because the weeds went insane. So to get back into we have picked up seedling for rosemary, basil and chives. These are the three main herbs I use in my cooking. By some miracle the thyme has survived the neglect and just needs to be trimmed.
We also picked up a few varieties of flowering plants because they are pretty. I love having lots of colour and lots of different shapes with my flowers so I managed to get varieties of marigolds, snapdragons, petunias and a rice flower plant. The rice flower plant is really lovely, it is an Australian Native they called it a 'everlasting daisy,' and when you crush the leaves they smell like curry! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment