Friday, August 26, 2011

Lazy Saturday, cupcakes and a curious kitty


I can has cupcake?

Today has been a slack one, but I was in a baking mood. So I decided to make up some simple yummy vanilla cupcakes with chocolate butter cream icing. Yum! I am being so naughty with my cooking lately. I of course also had my little side kick being super cute and annoying the whole time. Here are the recipes I used to make these.

Vanilla Cupcakes
Recipe taken from: Mum (she probably got it from a recipe book like 200 cupcakes or a Women's Weekly Cookbook)
Serves: 12 larger cupcakes or 15 smaller
Prep Time:10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins

Ingredients:
150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:
1. Line a 12 section muffin tray/cupcake tray with papers or foils.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F), Gas Mark 4.
3. Put all cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with electric beater 1-2 mins until smooth and creamy.
4. Divide cupcake mixture into papers/foil holders
5. Cook for 20 mins, transfer to wire racks to cool.

Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
Recipe Taken from: Combined 2 different to find middle ground
Makes enough to cover 12 muffins (yes leftovers!)
Prep time: 2 mins
Cooking time: Nil

Ingredients:
150g softened butter
250g icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp hot water
2 drops vanilla essence

Method:
1. Use an electric mixture to combine butter and icing sugar.
2. Dissolve cocoa into hot water, add to icing mix. Use beater until combined and smooth.
3. Spread over cupcake in preferred manner. (My piping bag broke so I just used a knife)

No comments:

Post a Comment