Thursday, August 11, 2011

A New Beginning with Banana Chip Cookies

Hello online folks,

It has been along time since I have blogged. I will be using this to share craft ideas, swaps, cooking discoveries and adventures I go on. That might be as simple as gardening or a wander along the river to beaches and rainforest get aways. Moving along.

I have been off work for the past week on bed rest and to stop myself from going stir crazy I have been reading through cook books and started a few projects. I managed to find an old friend while laying in bed. Yummy 'Banana Chip Cookies.' I haven't made them in ages!

Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a go. It is written on a card and I cannot remember where I found it. I think it is from one of my uni friends.

Banana Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
125g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup banana chips chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup banana chips, extra

Method:
1. Beat butter, essence, sugar and egg in a bowl with electric mixer until just combined. Stir in sifted flour, chopped banana chips and nuts.
2. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls, placed onto greased oven trays, leaving about 5cm between cookies. Top with extra banana chips.
3. Bake in moderate oven (180-190 Degrees Celsius) for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook cookies on trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment