Friday, July 20, 2012

Slow Cooked Chicken Paprika

I think I have an obsession, I love my slow cooker. I can make all this yummy food with it. Chuck in ingredients and then BAM! 2,4,6 or 8 hours later, with me barely lifting a finger food it produced. Yummy food too. You can literally chuck in random things and hope for the best or follow a recpice. I am beginning to experiment with drier recipes in the slow cooker.


Here is one I tried last week with Scott. I really like this for something different, although I only had smoked paprika last time I made this which totally changed the taste. Have a go and let me know what you think.

Chicken Paprika 
Ingredients

1 tsp of butter
1 tbsp paprika
3 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp grounded oregano
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1kg of chicken breast (skin removed)

Method:
1. Grease the inside of the slow cooker with butter.
2. Combine the paprika, sugar, salt, oregano, mustard powder and pepper in small bowl. 
3. Cut chicken breast in half length ways. Coat with the paprika mixture. 


4. Place in slow cooker for 2 hours on high.
5. Serve with creamy mash potatoes and steamed greens (beans/snow peas/broccoli) and carrot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment