Sunday, July 15, 2012

Baked Banana Dessert/Arvo Snack

Okay, I have to admit I LOVE sweet things but, I also need balance. So I am attempting to change my approach to cooking and in particular dessert. I adore chocolate, ice cream, cake and every other 'bad' kind of dessert. So instead of chowing down on these things I am trying to adjust. Though this particular dessert is not 'healthy' it is a better option. I present to you the simple Baked Banana.

Baked Honey Banana


Ingredients
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3/4 cup of mixed nuts

Method
1. Preheat oven to 1800C.
2. Peel and halve bananas, place onto baking tray.

3. Combine honey and butter, drizzle over banana. Place in oven for 10 mins.
4. Take out of oven, place onto serving plate. Sprinkle with nuts.


Optional: Serve with vanilla ice cream or sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment