Monday, December 19, 2011

Mmmm Pumpkin and Cherry Pie

Hello blogging world. Well I have had my last day for the year at my second job. To celebrate I brought in Christmas presents and pies for everyone. I used the wonderful Cherry Pie recipe I got from mathaholic on swapbot and also a pumpkin pie. I am lucky to have Steve send me the pumpkin pie spices from America which make it a little easier to make. So here is the Cherry Pie recipe from mathaholic.

Cherry Pie
Ingredients

2 sheets of short crust pastry (for pie crust)
4 cups of tin cherries pitted-in America Tart Cherries (I use the black ones from Coles)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
4 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tbsp butter

Method
1. Put cherries in medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it get soupy, remove from heat.
2. Pour sugar and cornstarch over cherries, mix well.
3. Put back on heat and cook on low until thick, stirring often.
4. Let it cool.
5. Prep crust and pour cooled cherries into pie.
6. Make a lattice work pie top.
7. Sprinkle with sugar
8. Bake in 375F oven for 50mins.
9.Let cool before serving.

Yummy, wish I had kept some at home :(

No comments:

Post a Comment