Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Choc-A-Holic Cookies

So I really wanted to bake yesterday. I have these cool new cookie cutters that I was going to use. Then I stumbled across 2 choc cookie recipes and decided to try a mutated version of both. These are the most chocolate tasting, fudge like centred cookies I have ever had. I made 24 only 6 survived the night. Those 6 may not survive this post...just saying.

Choc-A-Holic Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
200g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 cup Bournville Cadbury cocoa (any nice Cocoa would work I guess, let me know)
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g choc chip (milk, dark, white or combination it is your choice- I used milk)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat sugars, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
4, Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt over.
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Stir to combine.
7. Place 1/2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into ball like shapes on lined baking tray. Flatten with a spoon.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes (vary cooking time for size).
9. Cool biscuits on trays.

Note: Eat when warm soooooo good! I would recommend to watch the oven when you are cooking this because I made tablespoon sized ones and had to have them in for 17 mins. Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment