Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!

However, unlike that annoying ad I will not be using a bottle mix. I want to try a new marinade I have had stored up for a rainy day. On that note my goodness the heat is oppressive after the summer storms last night. Air con is actually on before noon (I know I am weak) and this is coming from someone who did not have it until university. How did I survive North QLD as a kid.
I have just finished making this one up using dried herbs, will try with fresh herbs next time to see the difference. Scott should like it because garlic and chilli are his favourite. For dinner tonight we are having Marinated Chicken, Mashed Potato and Salad. Nothing fancy but good.

The marinade recipe is as follows.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 pinch dried chilli flakes (or more to taste)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch dried oregano
4 chicken breast/thighs

Method
1. Rub over chicken and store in fridge for minimum 30 mins. (I prefer overnight for the flavour to absorb).
2. Remove from fridge 20 mins before cooking.
3. Pan fry ir BBQ chicken.

I will let you know how it goes tonight. If you have a go tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment