Thursday, December 1, 2011

I LIVE!!!

Hello blogging world,
You may have noticed I have not written in a while (well for me that is). I have been quite ill but am recovering. It has been a very busy time while I have been ill with many exciting things happening. A few new things to report. My wedding invites have arrived!!! From the lovely people at Orchard and Brown. Scott and I are both very excited about this.

School related stuff first. We have been very busy in the classroom organising a number of events. The first was some Christmas relief for a troops and canine units serving internationally. We have managed to get students to write Christmas cards and create care packages to send to our men and women currently serving. The kids (and I) got right into it. I sent to the Canine Units with 2 sets of dog treats and packets to Aussie Mix lollies for the handlers. I hope it reminds them of home.

The next thing we decided to do was make bags with our whole class using recycled materials (fits in with all the sustainability we have been doing all year). I was allocated by my class a set amount of materials and had to create a bag in 1 hour that met the design brief given. It was expected to be to an A standard. I was admittedly nervous. But here is the finished product. Pretty good for the first time I ever made a bag (not to mention not allowed to use a pattern).
Finally Swapbot news. Because of my illness I actually fell a little behind. The last time that happened was when mother nature decided to drop Cyclone Yasi on us. That was certainly an experience. But, I have some wonderful partners who I managed to stay in contact with and gave me a few extra days to complete my projects. Shaking hands make hand sewing difficult. But here is my final product for the Handmade/Altered Christmas Decoration Swap. A door hanging decoration of Chris the Christmas Mouse although I will not be suprised if he is given a new name.

No comments:

Post a Comment