Thursday, May 24, 2012

On the other side

Hello blogging world,

I have taken a little hiatus because life has gone crazy. I am coming home exhausted with all these things happening. But I feel it is a time to do a check list of all the things I have achieved since my last post. Plus, I would like to share a recipe I found yesterday while in the hospital waiting room, but I will put that in a separate post. Will be making them ASAP and tell you how they went. 

I have achieved the following for my wedding (I want to share photos but you will have to wait for the day, see sneak peek here):
  • Organised Limo's
  • Finalised catering
  • Picked up my dress and had it altered
  • Found out all 3 bridesmaids have theirs
  • Organised my bomboniere for my guest
  • Organised my bridesmaids gift
  • Confirmed wedding cake
  • Confirmed flowers
  • Organised hair and make up for the day
  • Filled out final forms for the DJ with wedding songs etc
  • Have gone over and approved the final script for the big day
  • Finalised photographer 
  • In the process of the final steps with my reception site
  • Started to make my first of 2 decorations for the bridal table.
  • Started organising seating position
  • Started the scrapbook my sister gave me to put in photos of the process.
And thats just the wedding! So life is insane. I am also babysitting a friends beautiful cat. His name is Lucifer, he is gorgous. D'Argo adores him, Delenn is stand offish and complains alot. Nothing new there. But the 3 have been delightful to come home to. EVEN though they steal each others food like children! 


Finally, the biggest reason I have been so stressed is a health scare. I had surgery yesterday and am feeling wooooooo. But, the best outcome has been reached. It went from a high chance of melanoma (Yay 7 weeks out from the wedding) to being nothing life threatening but needing to be dealt with immediately. I would like to thank the following people who have helped me through all of this. 


Firstly to Scott for being my rock, caring for me and making sure I was okay.

To my family for being their to listen to me freak out and celebrate the good news.

To my work collages who have been supportive and understanding.

To Dr Sally Meade my surgen, thank you for your suggestions, wonderful intellect and hands. 

To Dr Chris Jelliffe for making sure I felt nothing and appreciating my humour. 

To the amazing administration nurse at the Mater Hospital who had a wicked sense of humour and gave the most awesome numbing cream in existence, I feel awful that I cannot remember your name. When I find it I shall add it to this post. 

Also, to ALL of the hospital staff who work so hard to ensure the health, well being and hapiness of their patients. You are ALL AMAZING!  

So me in a nut shell this past month. It has been a roller coaster ride and I am sure it will continue to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment