Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tranquil Tuesday

Tuesday was a wonderful day. Probably close to the most relaxing day of my school holidays. I spent it just being and doing things I normally put off because I don't have time or am to tired or just can't get there. I started off the day using a Christmas present. I went to Plant Essentials and got the most beautiful Buddha Relax Massages. Amazing, I floated for the next few days.



After that I posted off my wedding invitations (see previous post) which felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I then got to wander the city centre and look into the shops I always zip by. I found a bold vintage dress for $10.00 which I adore. I also managed to update my postcard collection with Townsville and Vintage Ad Cards.





However, the best part of the day was having the chance to walk through the Perc Tucker Regional Art Gallery. They pieces and exhibits in at the moment are beautiful. I loved looking at the patterning and reading the stories behind the Desert Country exhibit. I was fascinated by the 2 exhibits on the 1st floor. I adored the Tour de Force: In Case Of Emergency Break Glass with the skulls and birds. I spent an age looking at the Nothing has changed: Just a little bit on religion exhibit. All beautiful pieces.


To finish off the day I wandered down to the harbour, watched the boats and read until it was time to go and see War Horse. Good movie, a little long, but well worth it. It is quite graphic about war which I thought was ver appropriate. A touching story.

No comments:

Post a Comment