Sunday, October 23, 2011

Slow Cooker Satay Chicken

Finally found a 'Peanut Satay Chicken' Recipe that I can do an tastes amazing. For those who don't know, I LOVE my slow cooker. Chuck food in, mix it around and a few hours later amazing yumminess. This is the first time I have done this recipe and I love it, even Scott has asked that I make it again this week. So here is my new discovery.

Satay Chicken
Serves: 4-6
Cook Time: 3 hours


Ingredients
- 1 kg of chicken breast or thigh
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 5 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce (ketchup)- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 3 tsp cornflour (optional)
- steamed rice and seasonal vegetables to serve *

Method
1. Remove any fat from chicken and cut into strips. Peel and crush garlic. Place in slow cooker with the peanut butter, soy suce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce and coconut milk. Stir and combine.

2. Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on High.

3. If necessary, mix cornflour with about 2 tbsp of cold water until paste like. Stir through mixture to thicken sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Serve with steamed rice and seasonal vegetables.

*1 hour before serving I added celery, carrot, zucchini and shallots to mixture to let the veggies cook in the sauce. They tasted great.

If you do try this tell me how it goes. I have it all packaged up ready for lunch tomorrow at work :) Happy cooking all.

P.S. Sorry there is no picture of what it looks like. It is just after smelling that for 3 hours I was STARVING

No comments:

Post a Comment