Monday, October 3, 2011

Pft Summer is here...Banana prices are finally dropping...SMOOTHIE TIME



Okay, short version of the story. Banana crops in Far North QLD were wiped out by Cyclone Yasi which has caused the prices to sky rocket. However, the first crops of the newly planted trees are being put onto supermarket shelves which means price reduction.

So to celebrate my favourite fruit being affordable again and the oppresive heat rolling in as summer kicks in I am making Banana Smoothies in class tomorrow! We are doing a healthy snack unit and this is the example I am showing the children. Plus, I get to finish off my school day with a yummy smoothie. What more could a teacher want. Here is the recipe I use.

Banana Smoothie
Preparation Time: 3 mins

Ingredients
2 cups skim milk
2 banana’s roughly chopped
½ cup natural yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
½ tablespoon cinnamon
Ice cubes

Method
1. Place all ingredients in the blender.
2. Blend until smooth
3. Serve in 2 tall glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment