Thursday, September 27, 2012

Moroccan Carrot & Orange Salad


For afternoon tea I took myself to the backyard to watch the Rosellas, Lorikeets and Bower Birds. It was lovely. I decided to make something special for my break. Moroccan Carrot & Orange Salad. I really enjoyed the citric and cinnamon combination mixed in with the crunch of pine nuts. So many textures! The dressing is to die for over the carrots. Next time I will be more heavy handed with the dressing I think :) I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.  Photos to come once I find my camera cord.


Moroccan Carrot & Orange Salad
Prep Time: 5 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients
450g carrots, peeled
2 large oranges peeled and cut into segments (reserve any spare juice)
1/3 cup rasins/sultanas 
1 tsp grounded cinnamon
2 tsp roasted pine nuts

Dressing- 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, pinch of sugar

Method
1. Grate carrots into serving bowl
2.Combine oil, lemon juice, sugar and any spare orange juice in a separate bowl.
3. Toss orange segments with carrots and stir in the raisins and cinnamon.  
4. Pour over dressing and scatter pine nuts just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment