Saturday, April 28, 2012

Banana Muffin Update- better recipe

Okay, I may be obsessed with banana's. They taste good on their own, in a smoothie, on a cake, in a fruit salad, dried and baked. What more could you want from a fruit AND they are plentiful around here. I never thought I would get over my 'never want to look at a *@$#ing banana phase' after working on the farm. But, I am glad I did. Previously I posted a recipe I use for my banana muffins. However, I have a simpler and in my opinion yummier recipe that I am making today. It requires less ingredients and I use brown sugar. Here is my amended awesome Banana Muffin Recipe (esp. good if you are short on cooking supplies).
  Awesome Easy Banana Muffins 
-from a friend who wishes not to be named- you know who you are :)

  Ingredients
- 3-4 ripened bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self raising flour
 - 2 tblsp milk

  Method
 1. Squash bananas, place in bowl
2. Add all other ingredients and mix.
3. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius, prepare trays
4. Bake for 15-17 mins

 Serve
I normally do not put any icing on however, previously I have dusted with icing sugar or sprinkled with brown sugar. My friend uses cream cheese icing with hers (sorry haven't made this before, perhaps google for a recipe). On a side note these also freeze well (in case you need to make hundreds).

 Happy baking! Here are a few clever banana art pictures I have seen on the interwebs previously. So talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment