Sunday, November 6, 2011

Random Weekend

Like the heading suggests...random weekend. Alright exciting news, I picked up my wedding ring. YAY! I love it and it looks great on my child like hands. I also have learned that working two jobs sucks especially around report writing time and on top of that planning a wedding means no sleep for me. Sadly no exciting cooking or crafting this week. To busy trying to work out this national curriculum and getting through my 20 hour professional development I need to do in my own time (sleep????)

On a random side note. We have a Cockatoo in the neighbourhood who has decided I am a good perch. Scott and I put out wild bird seed so we can get a free show each morning. See this post about some of our visitors. However, lately each time I have gone to put food out a 'wild' (I use the term loosely) Sulphur Crested Cockatoo either lands on the fence right next me, lands on the bird feeder as I am filling it OR on me. This scared me half to death the first time. Especially because I was wearing shiny earrings and just had a mental image of one being ripped out. It keeps doing it and I don't know why it thinks landing on a human is a good idea???? For those who don't know this type of cockatoo weighs about 900g and is 50cm long. It is not small animal to have chilling on you. I am hoping it either stops or I learn to get used to it. I have started talking to it. Perhaps it was a tame one that escaped who knows. I shall call it Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment